This is a full readiness checklist that you can use prior to launching your solution and having it used for live vital event registration:
- Office refurbishment: are registration offices and staff properly equipped to be able to use the new application? Is there sufficient security to ensure that the equipment is safe?
- Training: have the users been adequately trained, on the application but also on any new policies and processes?
- Change Management: have the changes to processes and tools been properly communicated and are users ready to adopt the new application?
- Public communication: have the changes to vital event registration processes been properly communicated to the public so that they are aware of what to do?
- Data migration: has legacy digital data been migrated to the new application? Have historical paper-based records been digitised and uploaded into the the new application?
- Testing: have all standard operating procedures been tested and proven to work as designed? Can the application support peak user load? Has the application and infrastructure passed cyber-security penetration tests?
- Service management: is there a team that can handle support requests and respond to the common queries and issues? Is it clear to users how to contact the support team?
- Application maintenance and support: Are there support teams in place with the necessary SLAs to be able to support the service management team, including technical monitoring and maintenance of the application?
- Rollout planning: is there a rollout plan with sufficient resources to scaleup the use of the application nationwide? Are there checkpoints in place to help decide whether rollout should continue or should be paused?